- Avoid food that are high in mercury like shark and swordfish. Also avoid undercooked meats and soft/unpasteurized cheese.
Pregnant with cats?
- Do not change the litter box.
- Your cats litter box can have toxoplasmosis. This infection is usually found in cats and birds. Since pregnant women are prone to infection this should be avoided.
- High temperatures can raise the baby’s temp to dangerous levels. Avoid sauna’s, hot tubs, electric blankets, bed heaters.
- When in hot weather drink plenty of water.
Avoid drinking unfiltered water (tap water)
- Filtering your tap water can reduce harmful contaminants to your baby.
- Try Alkaline water which is extremely safe for your baby.
- Avoid stress, it is not healthy for the baby, if you stress your baby will stress and it may lead to birth defects.
- Try natural relaxing tips that can help minimize your stress.
- Light yoga and meditation is a great way to relieve stress and will help with your breathing.
Injectables or Botox
- Lip fillers and skin injectables are best to avoid while pregnant. No studies have proven that they are safe during pregnancy.
- During pregnancy you should “play it safe” avoid food and products that may contain chemicals such as bisphenol A and phthalates, which are not good for the baby.
A Happy, Healthy mom results in a very healthy birth and allows your baby to develop correctly.